Reservoir Storage & Operations:
Water supply information provided by Sonoma Water (more info here).
Russian River Water Forum Updates
The agenda for next Thursday’s Planning Group meeting, can be found here. The meeting will be held on Thursday, October 5th, from 10:00am - 1:00pm and will be held both in-person at the Ukiah Valley Conference Center and virtually on Zoom. You may register for this meeting and all other Planning Group meetings by using the Zoom link here (you do not need to register if you have already done so).
Lake Sonoma History
Take a look back at the building of Warm Springs Dam that forms Lake Sonoma.
State Water Board Updated Water Rights Forms Now Available
On January 4, 2023, the State Water Board adopted a regulation regarding how water right owners or diverters must notify the Board about ownership and contact information changes associated with their water rights. The forms for notifying the Board of these changes have been updated to reflect the new regulation and are now available. More information here.
Sign up to receive the latest news, press releases, and event information from the California Natural Resources Agency.
A Holistic Approach to Water Resilience
As this extraordinary year of storms has shown, climate extremes are increasingly dominating California’s weather cycles, and continually threatening our water future. We must take a whole-systems approach to bolster resilience and ensure clean drinking water for communities, sufficient flows in rivers for fish and wildlife, and reliable irrigation supplies for farming.
Join in the 2023 webinar series, Our Watershed Moment – A Holistic Approach to Water Resilience, to explore how water connects us all, and why it’s important to work holistically to secure a sustainable water future for California’s communities, agriculture, and wildlife.
Celebrate Water Professionals Appreciation Week Oct. 7-15
In the press:
- CA Water Plan eNews, 9/27/23
- Maven's Notebook, Sept 24-29, 2023
- Abacela Weather-Climate Summary and Forecast for October 2023
- AZ Republic: What's being done to protect the Southwest's dwindling water supply? A new online tool shows you, 9/26/23
- PPIC: The Weird Weather of 2023: Better Get Used to m 9/27/23
- Wired: Why Rain Is Getting Fiercer on a Warming Planet, 9/26/23
- CBS News Sacramento: El Niño set to strengthen this winter, what does it mean for Northern California? 9/25/23
- KVPR Nine years in, California’s groundwater sustainability overhaul is becoming a reality, 9/27/23
- RR Watershed Association: Small Actions, Big Impact – Simple Ways to Keep Your Water Clean, 10/1/23
- UDJ: A Tale of Two Rivers in Mendocino County: Where the Eel and Russian Rivers meet, 9/29/23